JCC to hold Open House for Military Community
Date(s) & Time(s)::
May 10, 2012
Have you been thinking about finishing your degree, earning college credit for military promotion or taking professional development training for career advancement? Opportunity knocks at Jefferson Community College (JCC)! On Thursday, May 10, JCC will hold an open house for active duty soldiers, their spouses and family members, veterans and retirees in the Jules Center Commons (Building 6). Open house walk-in hours are from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Light hors d’oeuvres will be provided.
Return to event list.
Carole A. McCoy, College president, and Brigadier General Kenneth R. Dahl, 10th Mountain Division Light Infantry deputy commanding general for support, will welcome attendees and provide a program overview. Presentations, at 3:00 p.m. and again at 5:00 p.m., will focus on summer programs for students and youth; academic programs and support services; the admission process; financial services; and educational opportunities at Fort Drum.
College representatives and information tables will provide information about:
• JCC’s 30+ career and transfer programs, 6 degrees entirely online and several evening degrees
• Opportunities for bachelor’s and master’s advanced degrees from JCC higher education center partners
• Fort Drum McEwen Education Center
• Professional training and certifications
• Personal growth workshops and summer kids camps
• JCC Campus Care – childcare
• Student activities and athletics
• Health related programs
• Support services for first generation students
Take advantage of JCC’s open house to learn what the College can do for you and your family.
For more information, call the JCC admissions office, 786-2200.
What: JCC Open House for Military Community
Where: Commons, Jules Center (Building 6)
Date: Thursday, May 10
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Presentations run 3:30 p.m. and again at 5:00 p.m.