Date(s) & Time(s)::
November 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Location: Massena Town Hall
ATTENTION BOATERSReturn to event list.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19th
at the MASSENA TOWN HALL 7:00pm
The St. Lawrence County Fisheries Advisory Board is hosting a PUBLIC COMMENT MEETING to address issues with New York Power Authority installed docks in the towns of Waddington, Louisville and Massena. Anyone that uses these facilities is encouraged to attend.
We hope to impress upon the Power Authority that corrections need to be made at all boat launch facilities under their control as follows:
1. Early removal and late installation of docks (would like to see permanent year-round retaining walls to accommodate launches in the absence of docks).
2. High hand rails (gang planks installed on outside of handicapped ramps to assist with loading boats on trailers).
3. Obstructions (vertical guide posts) on side of docks.
4. Corrections to angle of launch ramps (elimination of submersion of rear wheels on tow vehicles during launch of boat).
5. Pavilions at launch sites to accommodate fishing tournaments and public gatherings.
Invited guests: Senator Patty Richie
Senator Joe Griffo
Pat McGowan/St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce
St. Lawrence County Legislators
Local Government Task Force
Thursday, August 25, 2016, Watertown, NY