It's not exactly a light dish, but it sure is tasty.
Chef Manning prepares chicken Elizabeth, with a sauce containing cheese, bacon and heavy cream.
Click on the picture to see how it's done. See the recipe below.
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and finely diced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 medium-size portobello mushroom caps, diced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup Coyote Moon Reserve Chardonnay wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well. Dredge chicken in mixture.
Add the olive oil to a 14-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove to a serving dish.
Add the bacon, scallions and mushrooms to the pan and cook until mushrooms begin to brown. De-glaze the pan with the wine. Add the cheese and heavy cream. Cook until sauce coats the back of a serving spoon. Serve sauce over chicken.
Thursday, February 26, 2015, Watertown, NY