Chef Chris Manning has a couple of great ideas for this hot summer weather. The first is a refreshing sangria and the second is a tapenade that's great with crackers or bread.
Click on the picture to see how he puts it all together. The recipes are below.
- Juice of half an orange
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 bottle Coyote Moon Twisted Sister wine
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 1/2 lime, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
Mix all ingredients in a 48-ounce pitcher. Add ice to a 10-ounce wine glass. Pour sangria over ice and serve.
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 anchovie filets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Place all the ingredients in a foord processor and pulse until it forms a finely chopped paste.
Serve with crackers or French bread.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014, Watertown, NY