If you have trouble getting your children to eat well, read on.
Chef Chris Manning has a recipe for stuffed pepper soup that will appeal to even the youngest taste.
The chef cooked a pot of the soup for Asa Stackel and Beth Hall Friday morning - here's the recipe:
- ground beef, two pounds (or substituite one pound with Italian sausage)
- one can 28 oz. tomato sauce
- two cups cooked, long grain white rice
- two cups chopped green peppers (Chris uses one green, one red, one banana, one chopped jalapeno - no seeds)
- two beef cubes
- one quarter cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
In a large dutch oven, brown the beef and then add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer 30 minutes.
For an extra kick, add two half hots, but if you do, leave out the banana and jalapeno.
Saturday, March 8, 2014, Watertown, NY