We are so proud to announce The Little Theatre of Watertown'
s winnings at the Theater Association of New York State (TANYS)
festival in Batavia, NY last weekend Nov 16-18, 2012. Please let the public know of this great cultural asset in their community!
- Little Theatre's production of Love, Loss & What I Wore by Nora and Delia Ephron, directed by Daniel Allington, was selected as one of seven plays to be presented at the festival from 187 plays adjudicated over the past year in NYS. Just being selected as one of the shows to participate is a huge honor. Picture attached of cast & crew from left to right: Todd Thompson, Tina Thompson, Kathie Strader, Elizabeth P. Smith, Bruce Smith, Bethany Dumas, Emily Smith, and Daniel Allington.
- A panel of three national adjudicators chose our own Kathie Strader as the receipient of the Outstanding Actor Award for her performance in Love, Loss & What I Wore (the TANYS equivalent of the Oscar). Picture attached of Kathie Strader with her award.
The Little Theatre of Watertown was the recipent of the The Shirley Cockrell Community Theatre Excellence Award, "presented to a TANYS community theatre that provides exemplary service to its community and continually aspires to and maintains the highest level of artistic achievement". A $750 check was presented to Little Theatre with the award. There is only one of these awarded each year after a rigorous application process, which was submitted by Jane Jenkins.
These awards were in addition to the other awards given by roving TANYS adjudicators over the past year for performances by Little Theatre of Watertown, which Sherman Ward accepted in person at the banquet on Saturday evening (picture attached):
- The Nerd(February 2012)Arnie Galin-- Meritorious Achievement My Three AngelsJoan Luther
- --Excellence Achievement in Direction to Sherman C. Ward, Jr.
- --Meritorious Achievement in Ensemble Acting to Terry Burgess, David Fichtenmayer, and Levi Whitney as the three angels
- --Meritorious Achievement in Costume Design and Execution to Rebecca Hopfinger