Movies in the Park - Last Day to Vote
The North Country Arts Council in partnership with Watertown’s Department of Parks and Recreation will present two nights of free movies in Thompson Park, under the stars.
Two double features will be presented on Saturday, July, 20th and Saturday, August 17th. The first film will start around dusk and the second film will begin after a twenty minute break when the first film ends. The first film will be geared toward children and families, while the second film will appeal to a more mature audience, with a PG-13 rating. The films will be related thematically.
Bring a lawn chair and/or blankets – concessions will be available.
NCAC is asking the public to vote for which films they want to see. From a selection of five pairs of films the top two pairs of films gathering the most votes will be chosen and shown.
Here are the choices:
- Finding Nemo (2003) followed by Jaws (1975)
- E.T. (1983) followed by Starman (1984)
- The Sandlot (1993) followed by A League of Their Own (1992)
- The Lady and the Tramp (1955) followed by Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971) and Chocolat (2000)
To vote: go to the North Country Arts Council Facebook page - click here