Chef Chris Manning shows us how to make Portuguese scampi.
The Portuguese, he says, traditionally perk up their dishes with varieties of smoked and dried meats in addition to shellfish.
For this recipe, he uses Coyote Moon pasta and pasta sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ham
- 1 tablespoon finely diced pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon finely diced cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons sliced green olives
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 24-ounce jar Casa Papa pasta sauce
- 1 8-ounce package Coyote Moon linguine, cooked al dente.
Add the first nine ingredients to a two-quart pan on low heat. Cook six to seven minutes, then add the olives. Cook two or three minutes more and add the shrimp.
Cook until shrimp are pink on both sides and cooked through. Add the pasta sauce and simmer four or five minutes.
Serve over heated Coyote Moon linguine and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Friday, August 26, 2016, Watertown, NY