Lead Poisoning Reminder from Public Health


This week is National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week and Jefferson County Public Health is reminding us about the dangers of the malleable metal known as lead.

If ingested, lead is poisonous and damages the nervous system and causes brain disorders. Lead poisoning is especially common in children under five because of their tendencies to put objects in their mouths. All children who are the ages of one and two should be tested for lead poisoning and often they aren't according to public health.

Lead can still be in paint, foreign made toys, batteries and many other places in your home.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
, Watertown, NY

On Demand

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.