Carbon Monoxide Scare At Fort Drum, 3 Taken To Hospitals
Three employees at Fort Drum were rushed to area hospitals Tuesday following a suspected carbon monoxide problem on post.
Officials said emergency crews were called to Building 2792, which is the Ammunition Supply Point & Surveillance Building, at 1:30 p.m.
They received a report of a problem with carbon monoxide at the building, which is located in the range area on the military installation.
Officials said three civilian employees were taken to area hospitals for treatment of non life-threatening injuries.
Two of the workers went to Samaritan Medical Center in Watertown and the other employee was taken to Carthage Area Hospital.
Fort Drum is investigating the incident.