2012 In Review: Politics
The race for President dominated politics in 2012. Even so, the north country (and New York state) had its share of political news.
- Congressman Bill Owens was re-elected in a rematch with Republican Mat Doheny, in a campaign enlivened by third party candidate Donald Hassig.
- Two Republican state senators who voted to legalize gay marriage lost their seats.
- The mayor of Gouverneur resigned after only nine months in office because of continuing legal troubles.
- A prominent St. Lawrence County legislator switched parties.
- Former north country Congressman David O'B. Martin died. Martin is widely credited with bringing the 10th Mountain Division to Fort Drum.
Click on the picture to watch 7 News reporter John Moore's report on politics in 2012.
Monday, May 20, 2013, Watertown, NY
On Wall Street