Fire Leaves 3 Homeless, Kills Family Pet

Tools

An electrical short in a hot tub touched off a fire at a town of Brownville home Tuesday.

Officials said the blaze left a man and his two sons homeless and claimed the life of the family pet.

Firefighters from several departments were called to the two-story home at 27522 Bonney Road shortly before 11 a.m.

7 News reporter Diana Page Jordan, who was on the scene, said she "saw flames shooting out from the chimney."

She said she could see extensive damage through the front door of the home.

The home was engulfed in smoke and flames when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters from Brownville, Glen Park, Dexter, Pamelia, and the town of Watertown were called to the scene.

A dog, which was inside the home, was rescued, but died later.

A Brownville firefighter complained of heat exhaustion and was taken to Samaritan Medical Center as a precaution.

Officials said Scott Hunt and his two sons lived at the home and will now be staying with family.

Firefighters cleared the scene at about 3 p.m. Tuesday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday, October 23, 2014
, Watertown, NY

On Demand

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

On Wall Street

What's On TonightFull Schedule