Fire Leaves 3 Homeless, Kills Family Pet
An electrical short in a hot tub touched off a fire at a town of Brownville home Tuesday.
Officials said the blaze left a man and his two sons homeless and claimed the life of the family pet.
Firefighters from several departments were called to the two-story home at 27522 Bonney Road shortly before 11 a.m.
A dog, which was inside the home, was rescued, but died later.
A Brownville firefighter complained of heat exhaustion and was taken to Samaritan Medical Center as a precaution.
Officials said Scott Hunt and his two sons lived at the home and will now be staying with family.
Firefighters cleared the scene at about 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Saturday, October 25, 2014, Watertown, NY
On Wall Street