Faulty Woodstove Chimney Blamed In Fire


Fire Saturday afternoon extensively damaged a home at 289 Stevenson Road in Rensselaer Falls.

A faulty woodstove chimney touched off the blaze at the home of David Thurman, according to a statement from St.Lawrence County fire officials.

The fire was reported shortly before 4 pm, and was fought by volunteers from Rensselaer Falls, Dekalb and Richville, with assistance from Hermon and Heuvelton fire departments.

No one was injured, according to fire officials.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016
, Watertown, NY

On Demand

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

On Wall Street