Fire Damages Carthage Home

Tools

A dog knocked over a kerosene heater causing a house fire in Carthage Tuesday.

The damage isn't visible on the outside, but fire officials say the house on Rogers Crossing Road did have extensive heat and smoke damage inside.

However, one thing that saved the house from even more damage: keeping interior doors closed.

"Every door to every bedroom was shut and when you opened up each bedroom door to check for extension, they were in pretty good shape. So, definitely, it saved the house," said Brian Draper of the Carthage-Wilna Fire District.

The Red Cross is helping two adults and two children who live in the home.

Friday, December 19, 2014
, Watertown, NY

On Demand

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

On Wall Street

What's On TonightFull Schedule