Fires Damage St. Lawrence County Garages
A pair of fires Thursday night damaged two St. Lawrence County garages
Fire officials say the first was reported at around 8:30 p.m. It was on Water Street in Heuvelton and owned by William Hitchcock.
The cause is listed as a faulty chimney and the garage suffered moderate damage.
The second fire was on Scotch Bush Road in the town of Morristown.
It was reported around 10:30 p.m. The property is owned by Shawna McCormick of Ogdensburg.
Fire officials say the garage is a total loss, but there was minimal damage to a nearby trailer.
The cause is under investigation.