LeRay Couple Homeless Following Fire

Tools

An overheated wood stove leaves a couple in the town of LeRay homeless. 

Firefighters from Black River, Fort Drum, the city of Watertown and Felts Mills were called to the home of Larry and Eva Gutierrez shortly after 2 a.m. Friday.
 
There's extensive damage to the house, but no one was hurt.  
 
"The house is not in the best shape," Larry Guitierrez said, "but everybody's safe."
 
"Being there was heavy smoke coming from the eaves, once the crews made the initial attack the fire started blowing through the roof," said Matthew Carpenter of the Black River Fire Department.
 
"They got an excellent hit on it," he said. "It was a quick knock-down."
 
Firefighters say the Guitierrez family will stay with family members down the street.
 
The Red Cross was called in to help. 
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
, Watertown, NY

On Demand

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

On Wall Street

What's On TonightFull Schedule