This week is National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week and Jefferson County Public Health is reminding us about the dangers of the malleable metal known as lead.
If ingested, lead is poisonous and damages the nervous system and causes brain disorders. Lead poisoning is especially common in children under five because of their tendencies to put objects in their mouths. All children who are the ages of one and two should be tested for lead poisoning and often they aren't according to public health.
Lead can still be in paint, foreign made toys, batteries and many other places in your home.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016, Watertown, NY
On Wall Street