Eleven arrests were made Thursday in a drug sweep authorities dubbed "Operation Problem Child."
During the raid, officials seized cocaine, heroin, handguns and cash.
7 News reporter John Friot says the raids started in Massena at around 6 a.m. and involved federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
Eleven people were taken into custody and charged with conspiracy to distribute over 500 grams of cocaine, 28 grams of crack cocaine and heroin.
"Operation Problem Child" got its name from the 25 year old ring leader of the drug trafficking enterprise.
Patrick Lloyd, whose alias is "Problem," was arrested.
Lloyd has been in the news before because he's accused of attempting to kidnap a Massena woman in February.
Also, he was shot at in March, possibly in retaliation for the alleged kidnapping attempt.
Here's the list of the people arrested:
- 25 year old Patrick Lloyd, also known as "Problem," of New York City
- 26 year old Jessica Monaghan of Massena
- 21 year old Codi Burke of Massena
- 35 year old Bernie Russo of Massena
- 27 year old Kimberly Jandrew of Massena
- 25 year old Justin Brailsford of Massena
- 21 year old Zachary Huto of Massena
- 27 year old Leslie Moore of Massena
- 30 year old Paul Williams, also known as "Cash," of Massena
- 22 year old Jon Garcia of New York City
- 25 year old Michael Spencer of New York City
A twelfth arrest is expected.
During the raids, authorities seized 380 grams of cocaine, 390 grams of heroin, five handguns and $11,000 in cash.
The agencies involved in Thursday's raids include state police, the St. Lawrence County sheriff's office, Massena village police, U.S. Customs agents, Border Patrol, St. Regis Mohawk Police, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the Department of Homeland Security.
Wednesday, July 29, 2015, Watertown, NY
On Wall Street