If you have trouble getting your children to eat well, read on.
Chef Chris Manning has a recipe for stuffed pepper soup that will appeal to even the youngest taste.
The chef cooked a pot of the soup for Asa Stackel and Beth Hall Friday morning - here's the recipe:
- ground beef, two pounds (or substituite one pound with Italian sausage)
- one can 28 oz. tomato sauce
- two cups cooked, long grain white rice
- two cups chopped green peppers (Chris uses one green, one red, one banana, one chopped jalapeno - no seeds)
- two beef cubes
- one quarter cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
In a large dutch oven, brown the beef and then add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer 30 minutes.
For an extra kick, add two half hots, but if you do, leave out the banana and jalapeno.
Monday, September 26, 2016, Watertown, NY
On Wall Street