Town Of Adams Home Damaged By Fire

Tools

A town of Adams home was damaged by fire early Monday afternoon.

The fire started in the garage, fire officials say, and spread to the attached house.

One of the occupants of the North Street home, Jenny Tuttle, said she was carrying wood into the home when she noticed smoke around the stove pipe.

The home was also occupied by Tuttle's sister, Mary Edington, and Edington's grandson, Justin.

The grandson went back into the burning home to save his dog, Daisy. Boy and dog are pictured above.

"I was sleeping on the couch," the teenager said, "then I heard my aunt call my name. I thought she was in trouble, so I ran outside." Justin Edington found his aunt outside and safe.

"Then I realized my dog was inside, so I went back in to save her," he said.

Everyone made it out of the home safely.

Fire officials say the home suffered significant damage and the cause has yet to be determined.

Friday, October 24, 2014
, Watertown, NY

On Demand

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

On Wall Street

What's On TonightFull Schedule