Tuesday: Grand Jury Says Black River Woman Repeatedly Had Sex With Minors
A Jefferson County grand jury indicted a Black River woman Tuesday on 52 charges.
The grand jury said Nicole Hargis, 30, repeatedly had sexual contact with male and female minors between the fall of 2007 and October of 2008.
There was one male minor and two female minors involved, according to the indictment.
In a series of communications with 7 News, Hargis's husband, Del, has insisted his wife is innocent. He has sued over the representation she received from the Jefferson County Public Defender's office.
The grand jury indicted Nicole Hargis on:
- two counts of predatory sexual assault against a child
- two counts of a course of sexual conduct against a child, first degree
- 36 counts of criminal sexual act, second degree
- three counts of criminal sexual act, third degree
- two counts of rape, second degree
- four counts of rape, third degree
- endangering the welfare of a child
Hargis has been free on bail since 2012. She will likely be arraigned later this month.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015, Watertown, NY
On Wall Street