TV Dinner: Spaghetti CarbonaraPosted: Updated:
This is a good dish for the weekend, especially if you have any leftover Easter ham.
Spaghetti carbonara can also use bacon, pancetta or cappicola. Or any combination of all the the above.
It's a fairly simple dish and Chef Chris Manning shows you in the video how to put it together.
- 8 ounces thick-cut cooked bacon, pancetta, ham or cappicola
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 pound cooked spaghetti
- Minced green onion & more grated cheese for garnish
Heat oil in a 14-inch saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions, meat and peas and cook until onion begins to wilt. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add cream cheese, heavy cream, cheese and pepper and cook until cream cheese beings to melt. Make well in center of pan and drop in egg yolk, stirring to combine. Add pasta and heat through.
Garnish with green onion and more cheese.
Pairs with Gold Label Chardonnay from Coyote Moon Vineyards.