Fire Breaks Out At Beaver Meadow Apartments

Fire Breaks Out At Beaver Meadow Apartments

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters were called to the scene of a blaze in one of the buildings at Beaver Meadow Apartments, a complex behind the Target store in the town of Watertown.

The fire was reported shortly before 1 p.m. on the fourth floor of 15734 Eimicke Place. Officials said the blaze started in the living room of one of the apartments on that floor.

A woman on the scene, who didn't identify herself, said the fire started in her apartment when her three year old child grabbed a blanket, which knocked over a candle.

Officials said the blaze was put out at around 1:15 p.m. by the building's sprinkler system.

"The fire department did cause the sprinkler in the room of origin to go off, which held the fire in check until we got here," said Chief Charles Dillon of the Town of Watertown Fire Department.

The fire was contained to one room but there is smoke and water damage throughout all four floors.

No injuries were reported.

The blaze forced the evacuation of all 40 units in the building. Officials said some of the tenants will be staying in hotels until further notice.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.