A resident of Ogdensburg's largest apartment building is credited with rescuing an elderly neighbor from a fire.
When firefighters arrived at 507 at Centennial Terrace Wednesday evening, they found flames and heavy smoke inside.
The resident, Elizabeth Larosa, was saved by neighbor, Robert Murphy.
“If he didn't hear her, or he didn't hear the alarm, didn't get in there as quickly as he did, this could have turned out a lot worse for the resident,” said Michael Farrell, Ogdensburg fire chief.
A candle started the fire.