Chief: Fire Caused By Thawing Frozen Pipes

Chief: Fire Caused By Thawing Frozen Pipes

Posted: Updated:

A fire in Watertown Thursday was caused by someone trying to thaw frozen pipes, according to city fire chief Dale Herman.

The fire damaged the kitchen area of 432 Maple Avenue Thursday afternoon.

Chief Herman said one person was home at the two family house, and was attempting to thaw pipes in the basement. Flames came up through a wall to the kitchen.

Nobody was hurt, though firefighters had to knock down a wall inside the house by the kitchen.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.