Russell Fire Blamed On Propane Heater

Russell Fire Blamed On Propane Heater

Posted: Updated:

A propane heater is blamed in a fire that gutted a home in Russell.

The Friday afternoon blaze was on County Route 24 just northeast of Edward-Knox schools.

It was fought by five fire departments.

Russell Fire Chief Harvey Thomas said a woman home at the time escaped, even though a fire ball engulfed one room.

Firefighters returned at 11 p.m. when the flames rekindled.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.