North Lawrence firefighter Richard Tucker was the first on a scene of a blaze Monday night. Not because he wanted to be.
It happened to be his home that caught fire.
There wasn't much to salvage at the Tuckers' trailer home on County Road 52 Tuesday morning.
A hot water tank closet is where the fire is believed to have started. Tucker's 14 year old son's room is right next to where the fire started.
He alerted the family.
“My boy, he yelled, 'Fire dad!' I ran in there. He was getting his sisters out of their beds," said Tucker.
Tucker said his last payment on the trailer was due this week. It was insured. He plans to rebuild there in the spring.