Fire Heavily Damages Lewis County Camp

Fire Heavily Damages Lewis County Camp

Posted: Updated:

An electrical malfunction is believed to have caused a fire that heavily damaged a summer camp in the Lewis County town of Watson.

It happened at around noon at 6673 Pine Grove Road Thursday.

When volunteers from Lowville, New Bremen, and 3-G fire departments arrived, they found heavy black smoke coming from the home.

A neighbor used a tractor to help plow the driveway so firefighters could battle the blaze.

Officials said the contents of the camp were destroyed, but volunteers managed to save an attached garage.

One member of the Lowville Fire Department suffered heat exhaustion and was taken to the hospital, where he was treated and released.

The property, owned by Sue Whalen, was insured.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.