Wiring Issue Causes BOCES Evacuation

Wiring Issue Causes BOCES Evacuation

Posted: Updated:

A wiring issue with a rooftop heating and ventilation unit caused dozens of students to evacuate a building Friday morning at the BOCES campus on State Route 3 in the town of Watertown.

Jefferson-Lewis BOCES Superintendent Stephen Todd says 60 to 70 students were evacuated after smoke was spotted in the ceiling of the Alternative Education Building at the Bohlen Technical Center.

Several fire departments responded to the 10:30 a.m. alarm.

Students were back in class before noon.

Todd says BOCES officials are very impressed their safety plan worked out perfectly.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.