Fire Breaks Out Above Edwards Store

Fire Breaks Out Above Edwards Store

Posted: Updated:

The only business in Edwards was saved from fire, although an upper apartment was damaged.

Firefighters from Edwards, Gouverneur and Hermon were called to the Main Street Market just after 8 p.m. Thursday night as smoke filled an apartment above the store.

In the store, the ceiling shows some water damage. A thermal imaging camera found the fire between the 2nd and 3rd floor.

"From the investigators it looked like it was an overloaded circuit. It heated up the wires in there and caused the fire in the junction box and part of a wood floor beam," said Edwards Fire Chief Richard Anson.

Two people in the apartment got out okay. The market was open Friday.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.