'Major Drug Players' IndictedPosted: Updated:
Two Watertown men, described as "major drug players" in Jefferson County, are behind bars.
A sealed grand jury indictment was opened Tuesday in the cases of 42 year old Oscar Valcarcel and 46 year old Edwin Medina.
The Metro-Jefferson Drug Task Force arrested the men on June 8 at their home at 620 Mohawk Street in Watertown.
Officials said the pair were in possession of cocaine and heroin.
Valcarcel and Medina were each indicted on the following charges:
- second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance
- third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- criminally using drug paraphernalia
According to an official with the drug task force, the men act as a local connection for drug traffickers on the East Coast and are major drug players in the county.
The official said Valcarcel and Medina have been investigated for drugs in the area over at least the past ten years.
Each suspect is being held in the county jail in lieu of $20,000 bail or $40,000 bond.