North Country Hall Of Fame Names Class Of 2018Posted: Updated:
The North Country Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2018 consists of eight north country legends and two teams from one school.
This is the second year of inductees.
In this year's class:
- Former Clarkson hockey standout and NHL star Craig Conroy. The Potsdam native played for Montreal, St. Louis, Calgary, and Los Angeles.
- Legendary St. Louis Cardinals coach George Kissell. He spent 69 years in the Cardinals organization as a player, scout, coach and instructor.
- Charlie Gogolak, brother of Pete Gogolak and former professional place kicker.
- Brian Leonard of Gouverneur. After starring at Rutgers, he played pro football for the Rams, Bengals and Buccaneers.
- Steve Fisher. He coached high school football for 47 years, 45 of which he spent at General Brown -- 268 career wins and four Section 3 titles.
- Lew Kibling, legendary coach at Watertown High School who coached basketball, baseball and cross country.
- Former Beaver River coach Bob Giordano.
- Massena football coach Mike Nicholas.
- The 1988 and 1993 Copenhagen girls soccer teams.
The 2018 induction will be October 6 at the Ramada in Watertown.