Everyone got safely out of a burning house in Watertown Wednesday afternoon.
Watertown fire officials called in off-duty and Fort Drum firefighters to help battle a blaze at 520 Gotham Street as heavy smoke filled the neighborhood.
Fire Chief Dale Herman says there are three apartments in the building. The people inside reported the fire and got out safely.
Herman says most of the fire damage is on the side of the house where a camping trailer was parked.
In a statement Wednesday night, Herman said the house is owned by Chas and Nancy Williamson. Herman said the fire was caused by "improper disposal of smoking materials" outside the house.