5 Homeless After Blaze In Ogdensburg

5 Homeless After Blaze In Ogdensburg

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: Jack Powell Courtesy: Jack Powell

Five people are homeless following a fire in Ogdensburg Friday afternoon.

A 911 call came in shortly before 1 p.m. saying that a home at 716 Montgomery Street was on fire.

Officials said one person, two cats and two dogs were inside when the blaze broke out, but they all escaped the flames without injury.

According to officials, Joe and Amy Lemke and their three children lived in the home, which sustained heavy fire damage to the third floor and smoke and water damage to the first two floors.

Firefighters remained on the scene for about 90 minutes.

Investigators said an electrical issue touched off the blaze.
 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly Media and WWNY. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.