Watertown Man Indicted On Strangulation, Assault ChargesPosted: Updated:
A Jefferson County grand jury has indicted a 19 year old Watertown man on strangulation, unlawful imprisonment and other charges.
Miguel Harvey II was indicted on the following counts:
- second-degree strangulation
- fourth-degree grand larceny
- criminal obstruction of breathing
- two counts of third-degree assault
- three counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief
- second-degree unlawful imprisonment
- resisting arrest
- second-degree criminal impersonation
Harvey was accused of grabbing a woman by the throat, causing her lose consciousness, during an incident on July 14 in Watertown.
He allegedly restrained her, struck her with a belt repeatedly, broke her nose, damaged her home, stole property and prevented her from calling for help.
According to the indictment, Harvey struggled with police during his arrest and gave them a false identification.
He was arrested August 1 and sent to the Jefferson County Jail.
Harvey was released September 19 after $5,000 bail was posted, the jail said.