TV Dinner: Asian-inspired grilling
WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - It's a pair of dishes that Chef Chris Manning says screams "spring."
The Asian Grill Marinade is good for grilled beef, chicken, or pork.
The Asian Cucumber Salad makes a nice side dish.
They're both simple recipes. You can see for yourself in the video.
Asian Grill Marinade
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
Mix all ingredients together. Use as marinade for chicken, beef, or pork. Serve over rice or noodles.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 pound cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1/2 pound radishes, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Salt & pepper
Put cilantro, jalapeño, scallions, cucumbers, and radishes in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour over vegetables and let chill a couple hours or overnight.
Copyright 2019 WWNY. All rights reserved.