TV Dinner: Cornell chicken recipe
WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - Chef Chris Manning shows us how to spruce up our chicken using a central New York staple.
Cornell Chicken recipe was invented by Dr. Robert Baker at Cornell University.
Chef Manning also showed us a Bar-B-Q white sauce to try.
Cornell Chicken Recipe
- 2 whole chickens 2 1/2 to 3 pounds each (cut in half)
- For basting sauce:
- 2 cups of cider vinegar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
Big Bob Gibson’s Bar-B-Q White Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
To prepare: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and blend well. Use as a marinade, baste, or dipping sauce. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Copyright 2019 WWNY. All rights reserved.