TV Dinner: Halusky, summer comfort food
WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - It's a summer comfort food.
This week, Chef Chris Manning prepares Halusky, a dish originating from eastern Europe that was originally made with dumplings. These days, most recipes call for egg noodles.
Traditionally, the dish has just cabbage, onions, butter, and noodles.
Watch the video as the chef adds his own spin.
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 small medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cooked & sliced
- 1/2 pound egg noodles, cooked
- Sour cream for topping
Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat, then add cabbage, onion, and peppers and cook until onions begin to wilt. Add garlic, salt, pepper, and sausage and cooked until warmed through.
Stir in noodles, heat, and serve. Top with sour cream.
Copyright 2019 WWNY. All rights reserved.