WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - This fall, Jefferson Community College in collaboration with Waterline Writers Academy will offer several month-long creative writing workshops that focus on developing creative, professional and personal writing.
Director of Community Services Kathleen Morris appeared on 7 News at Noon on Friday to talk about the workshops. Watch her interview above.
Workshops are taught Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and will be spread over the course of three successive sessions held between September 3 and November 21.
Workshop topics include:
- Writing for Children & Young Adults
- Creative Nonfiction: Writing the Personal Essay
- Constructing Your Novel
- Writing Memoir & Autobiography
- The Art of Poetry Writing
- Writing Short Stories
- Crafting Flash Fiction & Prose Poems
- Style: Develop your own Unique Writing Voice
The tuition for each 4 session class is $99.
For more information, call the Workforce Development and Business Division at JCC at 315-786-2233 or visit www.sunyjefferson.edu/workshops.