WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - This is a perfect meal to serve on a busy weeknight, especially if you do some of the prep ahead of time.
Chef Chris Manning says his Casino Pasta is based on the restaurant classic Clams Casino.
The keys to casino style are bacon, onion and bell peppers. He features sausage in this version, but you can also use shrimp, canned chopped clams, or diced chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked & diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 4-ounce sausage links, cooked & diced
- 1 pound cooked pasta (rigatoni, ziti or penne)
- 12 to 14 medium ripe pitted olives
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 5.5-ounce cans chopped clams (optional)
Cook onion and peppers in olive oil in a Dutch oven until onion begins to wilt. Add bacon, garlic, and sausage and cook for two or three minutes.
Add pasta and olives and cook until pasta is heated through. Add broth and cream and cook until sauce coats the back of a serving spoon. Season to taste.
Serve with shredded Parmesan.