OGDENSBURG, N.Y. (WWNY) - Firefighters are calling it a “very good save.”
Shortly before midnight, the Ogdensburg Fire Department was called to Pepsi-Cola Bottlers on Mansion Avenue in the city.
When firefighters arrived, they found a tractor trailer inside a warehouse engulfed in flames.
Fire Captain Jerry Mack told 7 News the blaze could have easily spread to the other six tractor trailers inside the building, but firefighters were able to quickly douse the flames. “It was a very good save,” he said.
Mack said the fire destroyed the truck and caused heavy smoke damage throughout the warehouse.
He also said hundreds, and possibly thousands, of plastic soda bottles were so badly damaged they will have to be disposed of.
Mack said it appears an electrical problem in the destroyed tractor trailer sparked the blaze.