WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - It's a simple and satisfying meal -- and it's very tasty.
Chef Chris Manning prepares Smothered Chicken & Chops, a perfect dish for cool fall weather.
Watch the video to see how easy it is.
Smothered Chicken & Chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- 2 4-ounce boneless pork chops
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- -2 strips bacon, cooked & diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash or 2 Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown gravy
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Season chicken and pork with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat. Sauté in butter and olive oil in 14-inch sauté pan on medium heat until brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove to serving platter.
Add onions and mushrooms to pan and cook until onions begin to wilt. Add bacon and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add poultry seasoning and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the Worcestershire sauce, gravy, and cream and cook until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
Spoon sauce over chicken and chops. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.