PHILADELPHIA, N.Y. (WWNY) - It’s another Football Friday night around the north country with plenty of gridiron action.
In Section 3 Class A football from Philadelphia, it was a battle of the Warriors as the Indian River Warriors hosted the Whitesboro Warriors.
The Indian River Warriors strike on their 1st series when Guillermo Rosario Acosta found a hole and went 60 yards for the touchdown to put Indian River on top 6-0. Still in the 1st, it was Rosario Acosta again, this time from 2 yards out. He increases the Indian River lead to 14-0. Indian River goes on to beat Whitesboro 35-21.
In Section 3 Class C football from Lowville, the Red Raiders hosted Little Falls. In the 1st quarter, Chad Bach called his own number and took the ball in from 2 yards out. Score: 7-0 Red Raiders.
In the 2nd quarter, the score 14-0 when Lowville's Rikki Smith fights his way in from a yard out. Little Falls down 14-7.
Lowville answered as Brett Myers takes the handoff and scampers 25 yards for the touchdown. Score: 21-7 Lowville. The Red Raiders go on to beat Little Falls 50-7.
In N.A.C. football from Ogdensburg, the O.F.A. Blue Devils hosted Watertown. Jackson Jones hit Stephen Morley to put the Blue Devils up 8-0. Then it was Jones to MeSean Johnson for a 50 yard touchdown, increasing the Blue Devils lead to 16-0. Deante Hall cut the O.F.A. lead to 8, but it wasn't enough. The Blue Devils beat Watertown 38-8.
Also in N.A.C. football, Massena was at Gouverneur. The Wildcats defense forces a safety. Score: 10-0 Gouverneur. On the ensuing kickoff, Kyle Savage returns it 45 yards for the touchdown, upping the Gouverneur lead to 18-0. Michael Tyler takes it in from 6 yards out. The score now 26-0. Caleb Farr went in from 5 yards out as the Wildcats won 54-0.
In N.A.C. football action, Canton was at Potsdam. Will Varney put Potsdam on top 24-0. Then it was Zach Kirka to Will Roda who put Potsdam in front 30-0. Trey Bessette got Canton on the board but Potsdam wins 36-14.
Friday Sports Scores
- Carthage 50, East Syracuse-Minoa 14
- South Jefferson 34, Homer 27
- General Brown 56, Skaneateles 49
- Sauquoit Valley 12, Sandy Creek 20
- Tupper Lake 32, A.P.W. 14
Girls’ HS Soccer
- Lyme 0, Belleville Henderson 2
- Copenhagen 1, Carthage 1
- South Lewis 4, Alexandria 8
- Mexico 0, Watertown 4
Boys’ HS Soccer
- Brushton Moira 1, Chateaugay 2
- Parishville Hopkinton 2, Madrid Waddington 2
- O.F.A. 2, Massena 2
- St. Lawrence C. 0, Colton Pierrepont 1
- Gouverneur 1, Edwards Knox 3
- Lisbon 1, Hammond 0
- Morristown 1, Hermon DeKalb 2
- Harrisville 1, Heuvelton 0
- General Brown 1, South Jefferson 0
- St. Regis Falls 1, Norwood Norfolk 2
- St. Lawrence 2, Mercyhurst 3
- Clarkson 1, Michigan 1
- St. Lawrence 2, Vermont 5
Girls’ HS Swimming
- Edwards Knox 23, Malone 59
- St. Lawrence C. 75, Salmon River 19
- Massena 3, Malone 1
- SUNY Cortland 2, SUNY Potsdam 3
- Clarkson 3, Skidmore 0
- St. Lawrence 3, Union 2
- SUNY Canton 0, Desales 3