TV Dinner: Shrimp Puttanesca
WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - It's a one-pot meal that's surprisingly light.
Chef Chris Manning prepares Scampi Puttanesca, an old-school Italian pasta dish whose name refers to ladies of the night.
It's very simple to toss together. You can see for yourself in the video.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup medium pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup green salad olives
- 1/4 cup mild banana pepper rings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2-pound peeled & deveined shrimp (31-40 count works well)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 pound penne or cavatappi pasta, cooked & drained
- Parmesan or Asiago cheese for garnish
Add oil, onions, olives, and banana peppers to a four-quart Dutch oven and cook on medium heat until the onion begins to wilt. Add garlic, tomatoes, shrimp, and capers and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
Add the pasta and toss to coat. Cook until heated through.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish with Parmesan or Asiago.
Copyright 2019 WWNY. All rights reserved.