WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - Chef Chris Manning has some ideas to make your Thanksgiving special and it's sort of a family affair.
He shows us how to make his mother’s spoon bread, his father’s cranberry orange relish, and a poultry rub from his sister.
He runs through all three recipes in the video.
- 1 16-ounce can corn with juice
- 1 16-ounce can creamed corn
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 stick of butter
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
Mix all ingredients and put in greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
If you serve it hot from the oven, you'll need to spoon it out of the pan. It will cut easily into squares if you chill it overnight.
Cranberry orange relish
- 1 medium orange cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 16-ounce package fresh cranberries
Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne
Mix all ingredients together. Coat the poultry with butter, then rub in spice mixture.