Friday Sports: South Jeff Girls Basketball beats General Brown
DEXTER, N.Y. (WWNY) - It was a busy Friday night on the high school hardwood with a full slate of contests on both the boys and girls side in the Frontier League and the Northern Athletic Conference.
In Dexter, the General Brown girls took on South Jeff. South Jeff took the win 62-44.
Turning to the boys’ side, Thousand Islands was at Sackets Harbor. Thousand Islands won 49-29.
The Section 10 indoor track and field season kicked off Friday night at St. Lawrence University.
On the girls’ side, some of the early event winners included: Canton’s Sydney Lawrence in the 60-meter hurdles and Indian River’s Tiffany Plunkett in the 60 meter dash.
In a field of 17 runners, Norwood-Norfolk's Maddie Dineen won the 1500 meters in 4:57, 24 seconds ahead of second place finisher Isabella Shatraw of Potsdam.
On the boys’ side, some of the early event winners included: Malone’s Dylan Perry topped the 22-competitor field in the 1000 meters, edging out Potsdam’s Dylan Crocker by 2.5 seconds.
Gouverneur’s Caleb Farr won the 60-meter dash in 7.36 seconds, edging Indian River’s Jahiem Plunkett by three-tenths of a second.
The top 2 teams in the Federal Hockey League’s East Division met Friday night at the Alex T. Duffy Fairgrounds Ice Arena as the 1st place Wolves hosted 2nd place Danbury.
In the 2nd period, the score was 1-0 Danbury when Joseph Deveny scored a power play tally, knotting the score at 1.
Friday Sports Scores
Boys HS Basketball
- South Jeff 58, Fulton 68
- Belleville Henderson 81, Alexandria 22
- Beaver River 64, LaFargeville 44
- Gouverneur 34, Salmon River 43
- Malone 59, Canton 57
Girls HS Basketball
- South Jeff 62, General Brown 44
- Copenhagen 65, Lyme 45
- Lowville 45, Indian River 36
- Thousand Islands 58, Sackets Harbor 24
- South Lewis 26, Sandy Creek 37
- Fulton 56, Watertown 26
- East Syracuse Minoa 42, Carthage 28
- Belleville Henderson 36, Alexandria 21
- Potsdam 31, St. Lawrence C. 40
- O.F.A. 46, Massena 32
- Colton Pierrepont 40, Brushton Moira 19
- Heuvelton 66, Morristown 12
- Parishville Hopkinton 26, Salmon River 31
- Tupper Lake 19, St. Regis Falls 46
- LaFargeville 48, Beaver River 47
- Gouverneur 32, Harrisville 43
- York 84, SUNY Potsdam 88
Boys HS Hockey
- Hamburg 5, Potsdam 3
- St. Lawrence C. 5, Saranac Central 6
- Islanders 5, Malone 6
- Queensbury 2, O.F.A. 2
Girls HS Hockey
- Salmon River 5, Islanders 1
- Essex 0, Potsdam 2
- Massena 3, Beekmantown 4
- Clarkson 2, Michigan Tech 2
Girls HS Volleyball
- Carthage 3, Camden 0
- South Jeff 3, Lowville 0
- Indian River 3, Sandy Creek 2
Copyright 2019 WWNY. All rights reserved.