CHAUMONT, N.Y. (WWNY) - After the weather wiped out most of the local sports action Wednesday, there was a full slate of games on tap Thursday night in both the Frontier League and the Northern Athletic Conference.
In Chaumont, Coach Leo Wilson's Lyme Indians hosted the Beaver River Beavers in a Frontier League crossover game.
Here are highlights:
- Sam Bush hit down low in the second quarter, putting the Beavers on top 15-14
- The Beavers upped their lead to 4 with a trifecta frp, Zachary Mast.
- Lyme's Isiah Wilson answered, going up strong down low, cutting the Beavers lead to 2.
- It was Wilson with the dish to Kyle Gaumes for the lay-in, putting Lyme up 2.
Lyme went on to beat Beaver River 72-54.
Heuvelton was at Hermon-DeKalb in boys' NAC hoops.
In the highlights:
- Jacob Collier put Hermon-DeKalb up 2.
- Braeden Free answered at the other end for Heuvelton.
- Then it was Free finishing the break.
- Jaydoin Carrow took the feed and finished.
- Joshua Wrobel finished as Hermon-DeKalb beat Heuvelton 58-48.
Canton hosted Salmon River in more boys' NAC hoops.
- Clayton Jones layed in 2, putting Canton up 7.
- Then it was Jones hitting the 3-pointer -- Salmon River down 4.
- It was Andy Downs with the steal to Ashton Cloce -- Golden Bears up 32-26.
- It was down to Cloce again. He led canton with 24 points.
- Jones countered, cutting Canton's lead to 41-28.
- Downs added 21 points as Canton won 65-50.
Indian River hosted Watertown in girls' Frontier League basketball action.
- Adrien Lamora buried the jumper in the first quarter -- Indian River up 2.
- Tthen it was Madison Staples ripping yarn on the Trifecta -- Lady Warriors by 5.
- Lamora kissed 2 off glass down low -- Indian river on top 7.
- Penelope Brown answered for Watertown, but Indian River beat the Lady Cyclones 64-17.
Thursday’s local scores
Boys’ high school basketball
Lyme 72, Beaver River 54
Lowville 67, Immaculate Heart 22
LaFargeville 48, Sandy Creek 47
Tupper Lake 60, Colton-Pierrepont 44
Chateaugay 69. Brushton-Moira 57
St. Lawrence Central 45, Massena 42
Canton 65, Salmon River 50
OFA 64, Malone 55
Harrisville 49, Lisbon 42
Hermon-DeKalb 58, Heuvelton 48
Girls’ high school basketball
Indian River 64, Watertown 17
Copenhagen, South Lewis -- postponed
Lyme 60, Beaver River 42
LaFargeville 51, Sackets Harbor 19
Chateaugay 55, Brushton-Moira 39
Girls’ high school hockey
Massena 4, Saranac-Lake Placid 1
Boys’ high school swimming
Canton 100, Malone 37
South Jefferson 129, Gouverneur 39
South Jefferson 96, Lowville 34
Lowville 107, Gouverneur 74
High school volleyball
Lowville 3, General Brown 0
Carthage 3, Watertown 2
High school wrestling
Carthage 42, South Jefferson-Sandy Creek 41