Highlights & scores: boys’ hoops, girls’ hoops & boys’ swimming
WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWNY) - City rivals met on the hardwood at Watertown High as the Cyclones hosted IHC.
- In the first quarter, Ryan Peters takes the feed down low for the bucket -- Watertown up 4.
- The Cavaliers answer: Jacob Grant kisses 2 off glass. Cavaliers cut the Watertown lead to 2.
- Kevin Harp counters with the floater. He led the cyclones with 15 points.
- Marlon Hinds-Ventour stops and pops, upping the Watertown lead to 7.
- AJ Carter lays in 2 off the steal, as Watertown beats IHC 58-28.
Norwood-Norfolk traveled to Madrid-Waddington for a girls' Northern Athletic Conference basketball contest.
- Laney Tiernan hits the put-back -- Madrid Waddington up 35-14.
- Jaelyn Upstrom hits the trifecta, part of a Jackets 20-0 run.
- Lydia Thomas cleans the glass and hits the put-back for the Flyers.
- Tiernan connects as Madrid-Waddington wins 56-17.
Parishville-Hopkinton hosted Colton-Pierrepont in another NAC girls' hoops game.
- Jaeleigh Jacot scores the first points of the contest.
- Autumn MacWilliams answers at the other end, tying the game.
- Emma Clemo drains the long jumper -- Colts up 6.
- Alexus Cuthbert connects on the 3-point bomb.
- Vacarro scores 2 of her game-high 11 as Colton-Pierrepont wins 43-25.
Watertown hosted South Jefferson and Carthage in boys' Frontier League swimming.
The first event of the day was the 200 medley relay.
The Watertown team of Zach Kilburn, Andrew Victoria, Ike Tan and MJ Dickinson finished first. South Jeff finished second and third.
The next event, the 200-yard freestyle:
Xander Gaige of Watertown finished first with a time of 2 minutes and 89 hundredths of a second. Justyn St. Croix of South Jeff was second and Gavin Stone of South Jeff was third.
The third event, the 200 yard IM: Jason Badalato of Carthage was first with a time of 2 minutes, 9.82 seconds, Ike Tan of Watertown was second, and Zach Kilburn of Watertown was third.
The fastest event, the 50 free, was up next: Andrew Victoria of Watertown was first with a time of 22.53, Simon Stratton of Watertown was second, and Garrett D. Fuller of South Jeff was third.
Watertown beats Carthage, it was South Jeff over Watertown, and South Jeff beat Carthage.
Thursday’s local scores
Boys’ high school basketball
Watertown 58, Immaculate Heart 25
LaFargeville 64, Alexandria 34
Girls’ high school basketball
Lowville 56, Carthage 39
Thuosand Islands 39, Belleville Henderson 17
Salmon River 44, Potsdam 41
Brushton-Moira 44, Tupper Lake 30
Hammond 81, Lisbon 40
Heuvelton 57, Edwards-Knox 55
Colton-Pierrepont 43, Parishville-Hopkinton 25
Massena 61, Gouverneur 44
Canton 54, OFA 35
Harrisville 57, Hermon DeKalb 38
Madrid-Waddington 56, Norwood-Norfolk 17
Malone 60, St. Lawrence Central 37
Danbury 8, Watertown 1
Girls’ high school hockey
Saranac-Lake Placid 1, Canton 1
High school volleyball
Carthage 3, Thousand Islands 0
Sandy Creek 3, Watertown 2
South Lewis 3, Lowville 0
Boys’ high school swimming
Watertown 110, Carthage 66
South Jefferson 96, Watertown 87
South Jefferson 142, Carthage 38
Beaver River 74.5, Gouverneur 73.5
High school wrestling
South Jefferson-Sandy Creek 44, Beaver River 40
Copyright 2020 WWNY. All rights reserved.