LOWVILLE, N.Y. (WWNY) -Sunday afternoon Lewis County Health System announced they have suspended all visitation to it’s hospital effective immediately.
Officials say the decision was made due to the uncontained COVID-19 cluster that has evolved over the past week in Lewis County.
The number of confirmed cases in Lewis County continues to climb.
Lewis County Public Health reports 5 news positive cases Sunday for a total of 122 since the pandemic started.
There are now 40 cases associated with the religious gathering at the Apostolic Church in the Town of New Bremen.
698 people are in quarantine. That’s up by more than 100 people since Saturday. 51 people are also in isolation.
There are 20 cases still pending and two people in the hospital.
People will only be allowing visits for things like end of life visits, pediatrics, maternity, and other patients unable to speak for themselves.
Precautions to be instated include:
- COVID-19 screening at the door
- Temperature monitoring for staff and patients who enter the facility
- Face masks provided to all, regardless of symptoms
- Proper PPE for all staff
- 6 feet spacing of chairs in hospital waiting rooms
- Frequent disinfecting and cleaning